Friday, December 1, 2017

Phantasmagoric Wonder




   I remember those younger days, of finding the whole universe a mysterious, magically fascinating place of exploration and discovery. Science held the mystical keys to hidden secrets of the physical, material cosmos and the spiritual disciplines and paths, the deeper metaphysical truths, doorways into the soul. 
   But woven into all the phantasmagoric wonder was this reoccurring nudging, an echo of a very faint whisper to my soul that this was all just a facade, hiding something which my senses and mind were unable see.  Something so far beyond what my senses could touch or my mind grasp, that it would not even be experienceable or conceivable in any way fathomable.  Yet there is was dancing seductively, a teasing taste just beyond the tip of my conscious awareness.
   Only now am I beginning to understand that without this concealment, I would be plunged into an endless and bottomless emptiness and void.  And in this void would be found only a ceaseless terror and madness.
  And so the facade will remain until such time as a deeper new mode of consciousness is born within.  A mode of consciousness which will forever dissolve the facade which has both plagued and fascinated me since my first breath and I will walk into the new realm, one step closer to home. 

No comments: