Friday, September 24, 2010

What has Been Your Greatest Challenge?

For me marriage and raising kids, especially during their teen years was one of the greatest challenges in my life, but even beyond this, it was learning to accept and love myself with ALL the stuff that I saw as so Wrong and beyond fixing. It was, seemingly, THE most impossible of anything I have had to deal with.
Being able to transform a lifetime of self-loathing, feelings of inadequacy, and worthlessness into an unconditional love and compassion for ME and who I am, has made all those painful years a non-issue.
But, I also see this and all that has been, as OK and as it should be, perfect WITH all the flaws and wrongness’s. I would change nothing, I love it all as it is and was, because it has all brought me to this moment. In this moment, at this place and time, I am ecstatically happy; I am comfortably comfortable, completely, with me, with everything surrounding me, with everyone in my life, those who are not and with all the stuff that would otherwise be labeled as wrong. The stuff of life that is unpleasant is still there, still raises its ugly head, but has nothing to do with my happiness.
Happiness IS, Joy IS and its warm glow caresses my heart, my soul and those of each and every one of us, and all we have to do is just let go of our hold on our reasoning and let ourselves fall freely deep into our heart without restraint or conditions.



No comments: