Sunday, January 17, 2010

Guardian


Standing stoic
blank, black
and still.

Oh door man
Buckingham palace guard stance
guardian of
hidden desires
and lascivious dreams.

Dark curtains
quiet
motionless
featureless
drawn so many
eons before
hide a cherished
treasure rare.

Within
the Goddess awaits
locked inside
outside the door
silently she knocks
knocks, knocking
hands bloodied
on that cold
cold
cell door.

Still her song
drifts through
darkness’s shifting sands
silently passing between
the bars of
conscious thoughts.


Carried coded
within letters of
words
words within verse
verse within
her song
silently sung.

But
I hear!

So listen and
hear my words
well!

I feel her cries
in the beat
of my heart
in the core
of my soul
and my voice
commands you.

Stand aside!

Draw back that curtain
fling open the door
and let Eos
free.

Release my
Soror Mystica
to me!

1 comment:

John-Paul Riley said...

Mike, thanks for sharing this piece, I know the journey of which this piece speaks! Your poetry is beautiful.