Saturday, November 17, 2007

Falling Beauty

by Kim Haley


This time is sacred
It is a blessing

I look out the bay window at the Sierras
Covered in white powder
sweet icing sugar
I want to taste them

A low weep is in me
for this moment
where the flurries of soft snow fly

Quiet
the planet muted
a church
hushed in prayer

I sink to my knees
my heart opens
releasing
freeing
watching
as beauty falls

My universe provides Earth
many expressions
to witness
to feel
to be free of all other concerns
to b in the moment

Snow falls
I am alone
not lonely or weary
not a seeker or weary
just with myself in this holy time
happy to have eyes to see this
falling beauty

Icy cold
white
earth’s face mask
dressing the cedar trees in lace
crisp and swaying
contrasting the green lush brush
bringing awareness

Blue mystery
dancing enchantment in full moonlight

A shy seduction of subtle color
a Prayer of soft still peace
a cool whisper of promise

Wanting and lack are uncovered
I no longer miss the obvious
the available… ever present

The rush of thoughts and distractions
perish
into the quiet
into the beauty of snow falling

Humbled
I accept this falling beauty’s
promise of fresh water and new beginnings

Fragile
feathery ice flowers
dancing butterfly souls

Heart
mind
body
move into this lesson of gratitude
poor wretch opens and learns again to release
into the moment

To fall with faith like snow flakes
into the world
into life
into the flow of change
into… pure joy

Drifting

Sinking

Covering

Disappearing

Uncovering

Freedom

Dancing

Breathing

Falling

With Beauty…



No comments: