Monday, September 10, 2007

Water Wheel


Grist Mill




It was said:
"Cowards die many times before their deaths,
The valiant never taste of death but once."
--From Julius Caesar (II, ii, 32-37)


I suppose that makes me a coward then. However, I think if that were true, I would take the one final death and be done with it. It would sure be a lot easier.

This cycle of dieing and being recreated or born happens over and over again. Like a bucket of a water wheel for an old mill; rising up, empty to be filled to the brim, then to plunge back down again loosing everything I held inside. It just keeps turning round and round, filling and empting, keeping the grist mill of life rolling.


So when do I get to eat some fresh baked bread from all that grain being ground into flour?

I’m ready now…



No comments: