Friday, July 20, 2007

A few thoughts

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost;
that is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them."


- Henry David Thoreau


"Discouragement tricks you into mentally or emotionally dwelling in the very place you want to leave."

- Guy Finley


"When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us."

-Helen Keller


"All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."

- T.E. Lawrence


"As for myself, I always willingly acknowledge my own self as the principal cause of every good and of every evil which may befall me; therefore I have always found myself capable of being my own pupil, and ready to love my teacher."

- Giacomo Casanova


"A day dawns, quite like other days; in it, a single hour comes, quite like other hours; but in that day and in that hour the chance of a lifetime faces us."

- Maltbie Babcock


"To unpathed waters, undreamed shores."

- William Shakepeare


No comments: