Thursday, July 26, 2007

Quotes on the way to a mousepad

I went looking for a new mouse pad for work. Google my all knowing oracle was, as usual, my ever loyal guide in this quest. Firstly I was looking for something inspiring which would start each day, as my mouse made that initial glide across the inspirational surface, with visions of the wonders which lay ahead.

Then next I thought what of those dark days without vision, hope or anything other than all encompassing doom and gloom. Perhaps it could be simplified with a new word “dloom” instead. Of course it just sounds like some fools walk, you know dloom, dloom, dloom… So perhaps instead, I should look for something which would point to a light at the end of the tunnel or a path out of the pit. Maybe a picture or a musical pad which sang as my mouse danced. Alas no musical pads. :(

I eventually settled for a quote.

Here are a few I liked, which I found on the way to the one which, with a few taps of the keyboard, bit by electronic bit. would reduce my bank account from what it was just moments before.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did in browsing to them.


"Whatever you do will be insignificant,
but it is very important that you do it."


- Mahatma Gandhi


"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that
there was in me an invincible summer.
"

- Albert Camus


"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound
they make as they fly by."


- Douglas Adams




BTW it was the one by Camus which snatched my $$. LOL


No comments: